Christmas in Thessaloniki
The Christmas Destinations in Greece are growing every year. More and more cities are trying to attract the interest of people who want to escape from their houses during the Christmas holidays. Thessaloniki, well known as a “bride of Thermaikos” and the second biggest city of Greece during Christmas wears her festive clothes and welcomes more and more visitors every year. This year due to current unpleasant affairs in Paris, Greek destinations had more visitors than it was expected. Too many Greeks and foreign visitors voted for Christmas holidays the city of Thessaloniki as the ideal destination. The reasons that prompted this choice are varied and depending on the mentality and interests of each visitor. To summarize some of the main reasons are:
- the city’s famous nightlife which particularly at Christmas period is at its peak
- the market of the town with the huge variety of stores for everyone
- the distinctive “aroma” of the city which coupled with their jovial and hospitable inhabitants create something unique
- a lot of different Christmas events which are either private or municipal initiative such as for example the so-called Asterokosmos in the excibition centre of Thessaloniki
- the organized tourist facilities that provide excellent hospitality of those who chose Christmas Thessaloniki.
The hotel a.d. Imperial Palace as every year, hosted a large number of visitors during the Christmas period. The completeness of a.d. Imperial Palace which is known for both the quality of services offered and its central location in the heart of the city’s Christmas events was 100%. The Christmas holidays of the guests of a.d. Imperial Palace hotel will be unforgettable. The events, however for the guests will be continue. As every year in the hotel a.d. Imperial Palace will take place the festive Gala for New Year’s Eve and the coming New Year. This Gala in the hotel is something unique. The rich festive Buffet and the greek live music are leading the event into a wild party in order for the guests to greet the new year in the best possible way.